All about our 2021 Annual General Meeting!
(for the year ending December 31, 2020)
An annual general meeting is an organisation's mandatory (Canadian law) yearly meeting to inform its membership (you) of the previous years' activities, elect new board members whose terms are up for renewal, present annual reports from directors and committees, give an overview of future plans and goals, and answer members' questions.
To keep our meeting safe and secure, only those who have RSVPed will be admitted into our Zoom meeting. Only members in good standing will be eligible to vote.
You can share the Events link with anyone who may be interested in finding out more about PACTA BC and deciding whether they should become a member.
You will be emailed the Zoom meeting link.
You are encouraged to read the reports before our AGM.
You can read them here once they are completed and posted:
- President's report
- Treasurer's report and Financial Statements
- Secretary's report
- Membership Secretary's report
- Regulation Committee report
- Education Committee report
- Events Committee report
- Marketing Committee report
- to find out what your Board members have been doing
- to learn more about the plans to regulate the dog training industry
- to get to know your Board members and virtually meet other members
- to support PACTA BC!
members who attend the AGM will be eligible to win a copy of Dr. Zazie Todd's book Wag at the Special Event following our meeting!
- Secretary (3 year term)
- Director at Large #3 (3 year term)
- Director at Large #4 (3 year term)
Descriptions of the positions are in our Bylaws.
You may nominate yourself or someone else. You can do that at the AGM, or email us the nominee’s name, email address and phone number before our AGM.
Nominee must be a member in good standing (including having paid the annual membership fee).
All nominees are asked to submit a brief bio to be read at the meeting before the elections.
Only PACTA BC members in good standing will be eligible to vote.
1) To approve reports, etc. voting will be done verbally (yea/nay).
2) Electing board members will be done in the private Zoom chat, by a private online poll, or by emailing our elections officer. Instructions will be given at the meeting.
Yes! You can fill out a proxy form to have another member who will be at the meeting vote on your behalf. You can direct them to vote in a certain way (e.g: "in the election for Treasurer, vote for Sal Smartsaver"). If you don't give directions, your proxy holder will vote as they see fit.
If you don't know a member who will be attending, you can assign your proxy to our secretary, Christine Heal. Your proxy will be kept confidential: only your proxy holder, our secretary, and the elections officer (to verify the forms) will see it.
I have a question....
Email us at [email protected]!