Great that you're interested in attending our upcoming Annual General Meeting!
Zoom link for AGM, but you must RSVP if you haven't already:
If you will be using a different name/email address than you used to RSVP, please let us know. To keep our meeting safe and secure, only those who have RSVPed will be admitted into our Zoom meeting.
An annual general meeting is an organisation's mandatory (Canadian law) yearly meeting to inform its membership (you) of the previous years' activities, elect new board members whose terms are up for renewal, present annual reports from directors and committees, give an overview of future plans and goals, and answer members' questions.
To keep our meeting safe and secure, only those who have RSVPed will be admitted into our Zoom meeting. Only members in good standing will be eligible to vote.
You can share the Events link with anyone who may be interested in finding out more about PACTA BC and deciding whether they should become a member.
You will be emailed the Zoom meeting link.
Reports may be posted here, or given orally at our meeting.
- President's report
- Treasurer's report and Financial Statements
- Secretary's report
- Membership Secretary's report
- Regulation Committee report
- Education Committee report
- Events Committee report
- Marketing Committee report
- Draft minutes from the October 30, 2022 AGM
- to exercise your democratic right to vote
- to ask questions of your Board members and the committees chairs
- to get to know your BOD and virtually meet other members
- to support PACTA BC!
anyone who attends the AGM will be able to attend the presentation by UBC's Bailey Eagan for free! On Wednesday, March 8 at 7 pm PT, Bailey will be speaking about her recent research on behaviour modification for fearful cats.
- President (3 year term) — currently no nominees
- Membership Secretary (3 year term) — currently no nominees
- Director at Large #1 (3 year term) — Sylvia Currie has agreed to let her name stand for re-election
- Director at Large #4 (3 year term) — currently no nominees
We welcome all PACTA BC members to run for a position on our board!
Descriptions of the positions are in our Bylaws.
You may nominate yourself or someone else. You can do that at the AGM, or email us with the nominee’s name, email address and phone number before our AGM.
Nominee must be a member in good standing (including having paid the annual membership fee).
All nominees are asked to submit a brief bio to be read at the meeting before the elections, and to let the membership know why they are interested in standing for that position.
Only PACTA BC members in good standing will be eligible to vote.
1) To approve reports, etc. voting will be done verbally (yea/nay).
2) Electing board members will be done in the private Zoom chat, by a private online poll, or by emailing our elections officer. Instructions will be given at the meeting.
Yes! You can fill out a proxy form to have another member who will be at the meeting vote on your behalf. You can direct them to vote in a certain way (e.g: "in the election for Treasurer, vote for Sal Smartsaver"). If you don't give directions, your proxy holder will vote as they see fit.
If you don't know a member who will be attending, you could assign your proxy to one of our Board of Directors. Your proxy form will be kept confidential: only your proxy holder, our secretary, and the elections officer (to verify the forms) will see it.
I have a question....
Email us at [email protected]!