Our AGM was held October 24, 2021.
It was held via Zoom with a quorum of eighteen voting members and one non-voting, supporting member (outside of BC).
The positions of Secretary, Director at Large #3 and Director at Large #4, all three year terms, were up for election. Christine Heal was re-elected as Secretary by acclamation. Since there were no nominations for the positions of Directors at Large #3 and #4, they remain vacant.
All annual reports of Directors and committees were accepted.
An Annual General Meeting is an organisation's mandatory (Canadian law) yearly meeting to inform its membership (you) of the previous years' activities, elect new board members whose terms are up for renewal, present annual reports from directors and committees, give an overview of future plans and goals, and answer members' questions.
To keep our meeting safe and secure, only those who have RSVPed will be emailed the Zoom link and admitted into our Zoom meeting. Only members in good standing will be eligible to vote.
You can share the Events link with anyone who may be interested in finding out more about PACTA BC and deciding whether they should become a member.
- President's report (verbal report at AGM)
- Treasurer's report and Financial Statements
- Secretary's report
- Membership Secretary's report
- Regulation Committee report
- Education Committee report
- Events Committee report
- Marketing Committee report
- to find out what your Board members have been doing
- to learn more about the plans to regulate the dog training industry
- to get to know your Board members and virtually meet other members
- to support PACTA BC!
members who attended the AGM were be eligible to win one of four copies of Dr. Zazie Todd's book Wag at the Special Event following our meeting! Congratulations to Julia, Valerie, Joyce and Marilynn!
- Secretary (3 year term)
- Director at Large #3 (3 year term)
- Director at Large #4 (3 year term)
Descriptions of the positions are in our Bylaws.
You may nominate yourself or someone else. You can do that at the AGM, or email us the nominee’s name, email address and phone number before our AGM.
Nominee must be a member in good standing (including having paid the annual membership fee).
All nominees are asked to submit a brief bio to be read at the meeting before the elections.
Only PACTA BC members in good standing will be eligible to vote.
1) To approve reports, etc. voting will be done verbally (yea/nay).
2) Electing board members will be done in the private Zoom chat, by a private poll, or by emailing our elections officer. Instructions will be given at the meeting.
Yes! You can fill out a proxy form to have another member who will be at the meeting vote on your behalf. You can direct them to vote in a certain way (e.g: "in the election for Treasurer, vote for Sal Smartsaver"). If you don't give directions, your proxy holder will vote as they see fit.
If you don't know a member who will be attending, you are welcome to assign your proxy to our membership secretary, Candice Milliard, or any of our directors. Your proxy can be kept confidential: only your proxy holder, our secretary, and the elections officer (to verify the forms) will see it.
I have a question....
Email us at [email protected]!