My name is Christina (Young) Gilley, and I live in Cedar, on beautiful Vancouver Island with my husband Scotty, our four dogs, 1 cat, and 2 horses. I own Positive Dog, specializing in aggression and reactivity. My goal is to help people have a wonderful relationship with their dogs as both pets and competitors. I enjoy hiking and biking with my dogs and compete in Disc, Rally Obedience, Nosework, Dock Diving, and Agility.
My certifications/education includes:
- Professional Canine Behaviour Consultant – Accredited by Pet Professionals Guild
- Aggression In Dogs Master Course by Michael Shikashio,CDBC
- AnimalKind BCSPCA Accredited
- Certified Canine Coach via Canine Principles
- Certified Trick Dog Trainer via DMWYD,
- CKC Canine Good Neighbour Evaluator (expired 2020)
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer via CCPDTA (expired 2019)
- Certified Pet First Aid via Walks ‘N Wags (expired)
- Presidents Choice SuperDogs Cast since 2016, performing at the PNE and various venues in Alberta and BC
- UpDog Freestyle and Games Judge
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
I have worked as an instructor for other organizations and have done extensive behaviour modification work for rescue organizations. For most of my life before I pursued my dream of dog training full time, I also work worked with youth and adults with disabilities, teaching and coordinating educational programs. My experience teaching people has developed my teaching skills so that I am a flexible and adaptable instructor.