Professional Members carry out business in the pet industry in BC and agree to PACTA BC's Code of Ethics, including using and promoting only humane techniques in training and handling companion animals. All applications are vetted through the Professional Membership Committee.
Membership is $125/year.
Professional Membership includes
- Advertising on our website.
- 20% discount from Dogsafe Canine First Aid.
- 10% off for 6 months on a monthly plan, or 10% off of an annual plan, Busy Paws App for Dog Trainers and Daycares.
- Professional Members Roundtable: a supportive and safe monthly discussion group.
- Invitations to speak at public and member-only events organized by PACTA BC.
- Promotion at our events.
- An opportunity to be involved in our efforts to move our industry forward.
To satisfy the requirements you must
- Be a resident of British Columbia.
Carry on business (e.g.: business owner, employee, volunteer) in the pet industry in British Columbia.
- Fulfill the following requirements as established from time to time by the directors. This currently involves
- Be an Individual Member in good standing.
- Complete the Membership Application and the Professional Membership Questionnaire.
- Provide samples of your written materials that you give to clients, if applicable.
- Provide proof of education, certifications and accreditations in your field. Please note, you do not need any specific certification to become a Professional Member. Other education and experience is also valuable.
- Sign our Code of Ethics.
- Be sponsored by a current Professional Member in good standing who will sign the Sponsorship Declaration. If you do not have a membership sponsor, we invite you to take advantage of our Mentorship Program.
Professional Membership forms
- Click on each file name below. It will open the .pdf file in Adobe Acrobat Reader or a similar program.
- Complete the form. It is a fillable form so you can type in your information.
- Save the form to your computer.
- Email the saved forms to [email protected].
(If you aren't able to type your information into the forms, you can save and print the forms. Once completed, scan the forms and email them to us.)