We are very proud of our Professional Members and want everyone to get a chance to know them a little bit better!
Spotlight is on:
Jeanne Shaw of Love 2 Play Dog Training in the West Kootenays, BC.
1. What started you on your pathway to becoming a dog trainer?
I walked dogs for the Vancouver SPCA and then, when I moved to the Kootenays, I got my own dog that I took to training class and was amazed at how much fun it was to train!
2. What experience, interests and services do you bring to the animal care & training community?
I’m a long time teacher of deaf and hard-of-hearing students, so I'm rather good with observing, communicating, and lesson planning. I LOVE dog sports.
3. Can you elaborate on the interesting challenges COVID brought to your business?
NONE! I went online within a couple of weeks and started teaching classes and doing consults. The bonus has been that I now have online components for all my classes. If someone needs to review, or if they have to miss a class because of illness, I can zoom them in. This has been my best year since I started. I now need to cut back!
4. What is something most people don't know about you?
I'm extremely shy. I roller skated before I walked. (My mom was a professional roller skater and my dad owned a roller rink.)
5. What is your passion?
Watching dogs glow....yes that's glow not grow.
6. Why did you choose to become a member and support PACTA BC?
I’m always into supporting local organizations. I liked what PACTA stood for.